Computers in the Library
- Computers on Levels 1-5 have access to a standard suite of software, including Microsoft Office, Endnote, Reference Manager and MindGenius.
- There are networked Printer/Copier/Scanners on all Levels.
- There is wireless network access throughout the Library. A University IT Account is required to login to this.
- IT Rooms 1 and 2 are on Level 1.
- Quick Access Computers for using the Internet without logging in are in the George Edwards Meeting Space on Level 1.
- Visitor access to Electronic Resources and information regarding Visitor Wi-Fi are on Level 1. Please seek assistance at the Support Hub.
University IT Account
- You are automatically registered for an IT Account when registering as a student at the University.
- Once your IT Account is activated, the same username and password can be used to login to computers on campus, your university e-mail and SurreyLearn, and to login to many databases, e-journals and e-books via Institutional Login.
- You can activate your IT Account online at this web address: https://activate.surrey.ac.uk
- There is also a computer on the Level 1 of the library where you can activate you IT Account.
- You will need to enter your University Number and your date of birth.
- You will be given a username (please note this down), and you will also be prompted to set up your own password.