Borrowing, Renewing & Returning Items
- You can borrow items using the Self Issue machines on the ground floor, 1st Floor and 2nd Floor.
- Use the Support Hub to borrow Inter Library Loans and requested theses. The desk is open for readers until 15 minutes before the end of serviced opening times. (Please check the Library web site for details of serviced hours).
- Heavily demanded stock can be borrowed from the Short Loan Collection
- You are responsible for all items borrowed on your campus card and for making sure items are returned or renewed on time.
- A valid campus card must be present to borrow any item
- Items may not be issued on someone else's campus card unless written authorisation is provided.
7 Day Loans
1 Day Loans
In addition, each student may borrow an Electronic Voting Handset for a whole semester.
- Items may be renewed (provided they are not reserved by another reader) without bringing them to the library.
- Reserved books cannot be renewed and must be returned
- Interlibrary Loans: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to renew an interlibrary loan. There is a charge for this service.
- When a reader has an Overdue Reserved item their account is blocked. No further borrowing may be made and books already on loan will not be renewed until the overdue reserved item is returned.
Note: You cannot renew an item reserved by another reader. You cannot renew any books if you have an overdue reserved book. You cannot renew items if you have a fine of £30.00 or more or one that has been unpaid for 10 weeks.
Methods for renewals
- Via 'My Account' on the Library Catalogue (Library PIN required):
Go to the Library catalogue, select 'My Account', and enter your Borrower number and PIN. If you don't have a PIN it is obtainable from the Ask Me desk or by email to email@example.com
- By phone using the 24 hour automated telephone renewal service 01483 689235 (URN and Library PIN required).
- By post (Confirmation given only on request).
When renewing overdue items please take note of any fines incurred and pay these within 10 weeks.
- Use the Self-Service machines on the 1st floor. Or the Self Service machines on the ground floor and then drop into Box B, if there is a problem with returning on the machine, use Box C or take the item to the Support Hub.
- For quick returns use Box A in the Library foyer.
- When the Library is closed, items may be returned in the Library letterbox next to the entrance to the Surrey Design & Print shop. These will be discharged from the borrower’s record when the Library next opens - if this is after the date that the items were due, the reader is liable for any fines owing.
Non return of items
- Failure to return borrowed items will lead to a Library charge for replacement costs, which includes an administration charge as well as any overdue fine.
- You are responsible for replacing lost and damaged books and for paying all charges incurred.
- It is your responsibility before graduating or leaving the University to ensure all items loaned have been returned and all charges paid.
- Non-returned books and unpaid fines count as debts to the University.
If you have any other queries about borrowing items, please ask the staff at the Ask Me Desk or at the Support Hub.